Oh Universal Mimicry

 Oh Universal Sweetness,

who I never imagined to be a man

as men have been to me in my life,

listen as I search the corners of my mind.


Oh Universal Mind,

whose mind does things like garden

in a way that is more generous than precise,

witness as we walk the rows of life around us.


Oh Universal Strength,

where learning to move after breaking

is more impressive than lifting a thousand pounds,

hold my hand, only letting go to garden with me.


Oh Intimacy,

who will not be limited to what is holy

when our stories are written on our hearts,

show us how sacred every single body is.


The goal was to search my memory

of what goodness there was in my practice

or mimicry of the sacred in my past.

I strayed from the specific to the abstract,

but realized it helped me gain the forest for the trees,

climbing and coming back down to tell the story.


Comments

Popular Posts